Copywriting is everywhere. Every form of content you can think of is created around good copywriting.
Did you know that the power of good copy can improve your conversion rate by 1000%?
The key to creating persuasive copy that converts is understanding how to trigger the right emotions. Emotions that prompt a potential customer to choose you instead of your competition.
Here are some strategies to maximizing your profit through copywriting.
Benefits of Copywriting
There are several benefits that brands will get from good copywriting strategies.
- It engages your customers at the point of sale.
- Captures the attention of customers
- Relevant content will keep customers engaged longer
- Communicate how you can solve a customer’s problem.
- Provides them with a call to action.
- Strategies to drive search traffic both search traffic and rankings to the top.
Now that you know the benefits let’s get to the strategies that will move your brand to the top of your prospect’s minds.
Strategy 1: Create a Buyer Persona
Before you can engage with your target audience effectively you need to know who they are. Creating a persona will help your brand effectively bridge the gap between what your audience needs and the solution you provide to help them.
Look at the demographics and background: age, gender, where are they from, income level, pain points, etc. Most brands find that they have more than one persona, once they compile this information. It usually works best to go with the top 3 personas as a starting point.
Strategy 2: Persuasive Writing
What factors influence your customers to say yes? The company that takes the time to understand what their target customers are looking for wins. It allows you to speak their language so to speak, making converting them into clients much easier.
Start with giving good quality information, make a clear argument for your product or service. Cut through the clutter. There are so many choices to address their needs, the clearest, most obvious choice usually wins out. The three keys to persuasive writing are reason, emotion, and beliefs.
- Reason: Connect with your customers on a rational and logical level. Show them that your business has thought through the problem and is providing a well-formed solution.
- Emotional: Persuasive copywriting techniques will help your company connect with your customers beyond simple business transactions. Most decisions are made because of emotions, so your website content should include content and visuals that connect with your readers on an emotional level.
- Beliefs: Your customers want to buy from companies that have similar beliefs as they do. This approach makes every sale more meaningful, so your clients will feel better about buying from your business.Persuasive copywriting goes beyond using enticing words and phrases it builds an experience for readers.
Strategy 3: Write Clear Headlines
The headline is the key action driver to your content. It needs to be written to persuade a reader to read the article.
Users are overwhelmed with information, emails, web pages, ads, so your goal is to get their attention and stand out. A clear headline will entice them to want to learn more. That is the trick with headlines is to persuade the right prospects to read more. That requires a clarity, the headline should tell someone exactly what the article is about.
Targeting the right keywords for your marketing campaign in your headlines will give you an edge. It allows not you to only capture the mind of the reader, but also lets the search engines properly index your content and direct more search visitors to you. A continuous flow of search visitors and targeted leads will give you an increase in rankings, clicks, and ultimately conversions.
Your website should have subheadings to organize and break up the copy. This makes it easier to understand and will help with someone scanning your page to find what they need.
Strategy 4: Call to Action
One of the most common mistakes in copywriting is to fail to give prospects a clear next step. The CTA must tell them exactly what to do. If you want them to click here for more information, to write a comment, enter their email for the free white paper download. Then tell them!
When creating the call to action, make sure that your target audience is getting what they are expecting. Assess what they want and give it to them. Good calls to action will say things like, “call now”, “find out more”, or “shop now”.
The most successful online ads have 3 types of CTA’s for a prospective client to interact, call now, chat, or a form to
fill out. Give options, everyone has their own unique ways to interact. Giving them the choice offers a better user experience and more conversions for your money or time.
The Power of Copywriting
A brand can get left behind the pack if they are not using the power of copywriting. Be the brand that puts strategy into your marketing campaigns. Make sure all of your content goes out in a way that maximizes your return on investment (ROI).
Want more copywriting help? Struggling to write sales copy?
Contact us today and let our team create copy that will get more clicks and conversions and most importantly more sales.