Sara Blakley Provided a Masterclass In Lean marketing
Many of us hear the advice of the sages “do what makes you happy”. Some of us even apply this in finding ourselves and connecting our passion, while others use this as an inspiration to build a business. Normally, we see people blossom where they are planted, Ie in the industry/niche that they already work. But sometimes people come out of what looks like nowhere. They get an idea, and that idea lights a fire in them that cannot be put out no matter how many no’s they get. Meet Sara Blakely, the ultimate Lean Marketer, a reliable name when it comes to getting the best marketing strategy. She put on the ultimate masterclass in lean marketing with her product Spanx.
Who Is Sara Blakely?
There’s so much to learn from Sara Blakely about how to win in business. But before we reveal the best marketing strategy that led her to success, allow us to introduce her using these facts: She is:
- Not just a visionary inventor but also a great salesperson, merchandiser, and gifted and relentless entrepreneur.
- A former door-to-door fax machine salesperson for 14 years.
- Her father was a lawyer and her mother was an artist.
- The genius creator behind the body-slimming undergarments now used by women all around the world and created the brand Spanx.
- Used to audition for the role of Goofy in Disneyland but was rejected with her height.
- Was able to establish her brand Spanx with zero experience in business ownership and even fashion.
- At only 27 when started Spanx with $5,000 of her own money.
- Her story is no overnight success, she fought and got told no by virtually every department store in America, Finally Neiman Marcus gave her a shot and she made the most of it. She even came in and did her own merchandizing sometime to the dismay of the store managers. Until they saw the sales numbers.
- Then in 2000, she got a big break when Oprah Winfrey featured Spanx and the ride has taken her to the top
- According to Forbes magazine, she became the youngest self-made female billionaire ever. Her grit, determination, sheer will, and skill had paid off
- Sara now runs a foundation and is married to fellow Entrepreneur Jesse Itzler
1. Map Your Destination, Masterclass in Lean Marketing.
There are lots of competitors in most marketplaces. If you want to climb to the top and become reputable and then sell that brand, Sara has provided a phycological roadmap. The best marketing strategy that you can start with is to develop a map for your destination.
- Get certain on your outcome but stay flexible on specifics such as who and where to sell. You never know who is going to say yes, so ask everyone that has your audience.
- Anticipate the pitfalls, the no’s, and all of the rest of the things that will be hindering your progress.
- When you get a break, run hard and fast, there is a limited window for everything including our lives. Take chances and you may have to break a few unwritten rules.
2. Choose Your Partner in Your Masterclass in Lean Marketing
A partner that you can depend on, that’s how clients describe Gomcintyre. Members of the Gomcintyre Team have helped more than 1,000 aspiring business owners and entrepreneurs create more profit. Name the market place and they can help your business grow giving you the best marketing strategy!
Visit their website and talk to their friendly staff via live zoom chat or call 1-844-246-8890. You can also contact us to begin the journey, start a conversation about growth Here’s what makes them your best partner: They:
- Are experts in lean marketing. Think more new revenue to lower costs.
- Can produce killer branding and digital assets for your brand
- Will make your website sticky
- Are excellent copywriters to help your masterclass in lean marketing
- Provide professional and effective management consultation
- Give expert advice in business brokerage
3. Act like a business owner, not an employee in The Masterclass in Lean Marketing!
It was mentioned earlier that Sara Blakely is also an inventor. One of the essential things she did early on to safeguard her brand was to do all of the patent and copyright work prior to launch. Too many people build businesses only to be copied and beaten by knockoffs if you have a product that you are about to put your life into.
Get the right legal advice so you don’t just set the stage for your competition to take over. Sara went so far as to Patent her brand Spanx. Below is the definition of a patent and how it can help safeguard your business.
- The word “Patent” refers to a legal document that allows you the right to own your invention or idea.
- People who use patents are commonly inventors. They do this to make sure they maintain ownership of their invention.
- If you’re a patent-holder like Sara Blakely, this means you can sue and likely get paid if somebody decides to use your design and incorporate it in their product.
- If you have a product and need protection contact a patent attorney and get more info.
- Remember the rule of thumb is that you can only patent unique and original ideas.
5. Deal with Honesty
A brand that is known for being genuine is truly admired. Take it from Sara Blakely who worked hard to maintain the image of her company. Who would have thought that Sara with no background in retail and fashion would eventually turn Spanx into a billion-dollar brand? It is her transparency that attracted her clients. She wasn’t scared to share with the world her difficult journey and downfalls before getting to where she is now. She firmly believes that:
- Staying true to oneself is the key to winning the battle
- Let others see your battle and flaws
- Customers seek communication and not one-sided talking
- Give your customers what they expect
6. Failure is Not the End!
If we are to enumerate Blakely’s setbacks and failures, you will see that she was like other entrepreneurs who started from scratch. But what made her strong enough to continue is her grit and belief that failure is not the end. In fact, she even thanked her father letting him get a taste of failure. According to her “Failure is nothing more than life’s way of nudging you and telling you were on the wrong path”.
She also pointed out that:
You have to face your fear
Remember that a “no” can always be a “yes” in time
7. Think Outside of the Box
Her billion-dollar idea, shapewear was sparked when she was dolling up herself and looking for a perfect match with her set of white trousers? Ideas can come from anywhere and at any time. That’s how anyone can discover the best marketing strategy for their company. If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, stay flexible and look for what isn’t being delivered. For the basics, competitors can offer the same product, and then it’s just a question of price.
Think outside the box like Sara did. Again, she has no background in fashion, yet she was able to find a solution to the common dilemma of women. Her success is proof of how her creativity and eagerness to solve the problem helped her to think deeper to come up with a brilliant solution.
Conclusion For Your Masterclass in Leanmarketing.
Failure doesn’t predict our future. It can light the way for those who believe in hard work and pay attention to the lessons we learn as we fail. Are you as inspired as us by the principles Sara Blakely has shared over the years. We hope that they inspired you to evolve and find you’re a path, a purpose, a mission, whatever you choose to call it. End with a challenge. Apply the best marketing strategy that came into your consciousness as you read this article explore and improve your business!